Friday, September 28, 2012

[sharepointdiscussions] Digest Number 4533

4 New Messages

Digest #4533

Messages

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:23 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"y_hanrahan" y_hanrahan

Hello,

I am new to SP and have come across a problem I'm not sure how to solve.

I have added the PDF iFilter to my setup so that I can crawl the full text of PDF's (this is working great)

Once a PDF is returned by the search I need to have the search result URL actually point to an encrypted PDF file (PDC file). This PDC file has the same exact name as the PDF it only has a different extension.

I have done a ton of reading and so far I can't figure out if this is possible without writing any code.

It seems the search result webpart can be modified by changing the XSLT

And it looks like I can also write my own custom webpart with Visual Studio

If anyone has any help or feedback on what I'm trying to accomplish the help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim.


Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:25 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Xavor" xavorcorp

If you're migrating from MOSS 2007 or WSS 3.0 to SharePoint 2010 with different providers configured on either side, then user mapping can be an area of concern. If you are planning to migrate manually, then besides the risks mentioned above, you might have to write a lot of code to cover the many permutations that could exist in this type of scenario. Alternatively, you can opt for a migration tool like the dSHIFT Migrator, which seamlessly migrates all of your out-of-the-box content, users and groups while retaining security permissions from a different authentication provider, be it mixed-mode, dual authentication trusted providers or claim-based authentication in SharePoint 2010. Read more: http://www.dshift.com/blog/sharepoint-migrations-with-user-mapping-to-claim-based-authentication/

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:29 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Knox" knoxcameron

The option "Export to Spreadsheet" is in 2007 as well. You don't need to be an administrator. Alternatively, you can also view the list in datasheet view and copy and paste into Excel.

However, it is not necessarily available for every list and library. It is not available for discussion boards for example.

--- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Deanna Schneider <deanna.schneider@...> wrote:
>
> In 2010, that's built in on every list and library - nice big button in the
> ribbon that says, "Export to Excel."
>
>
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:47 PM, ramu_kellogg98 <bomasamudram@...>wrote:
>
> > **
> >
> >
> > I am not an admin user on a SharePoint site.
> >
> > I have been assigned a (mind-numbing) task to manually migrate each item
> > from a SharePoint list to a Excel spreadsheet.
> >
> > Rather than work hard, I want to "work smart" :-)
> >
> > I am not a SP whiz, but I am wondering whether there is an easier way for
> > a non-admin user to export a SP list into a Excel spreadsheet.
> >
> > If not, does such a feature exist for an admin user?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any pointers.
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE
Moderated by Mindsharp, www.mindsharp.com > Know More. Do More.

No comments: