Friday, March 30, 2012

[sharepointdiscussions] Digest Number 4418

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Problem to upload 500mb file to portal

Posted by: "brother.gabriel" brgabriel@sspx.org   brother.gabriel

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:30 pm (PDT)



Salvete! I have a document library where I need certain users to be able to upload 500mb files. I have the space in SQL, and in Sharepoint, I have increased the maximum limit to 1500mb.

However, they don't seem to be able to upload their large files. Their browser spins (firefox) and after hours does not do anything.

Is there something I can do? I have read this post:
http://blah.winsmarts.com/2010-3-Large_File_Upload_in_SharePoint_2010.aspx

I am hoping not to have to pay for a solution. Is Davcopy a good solution?

Thank you for your attention.

1b.

Re: Problem to upload 500mb file to portal

Posted by: "Mark Todd" sandpiper_sj@yahoo.com   fwambo

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:13 pm (PDT)



Try using Explorer view.  It's not uncommon for the browser to hang with large files like that.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2a.

Solved: Creating sites from custom template via powershell

Posted by: "brother.gabriel" brgabriel@sspx.org   brother.gabriel

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 pm (PDT)



I never thought of deploying the site to central admin. That might just do it. However, I was pressed for time, and so, to get it done with, I used the powershell script to create all the sites and set permissions, and I went through and manually selected the custom templates to finish up. I am all done now. Thanks for your help, however.

--- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Tony Yin <xinqing_yin@...> wrote:
>
> Can you deploy the wsp to central admin? I created a site template using UI, then imported the wsp to Visual Studio, then deployed to CA. I am able to create new site collection using powershell with no problem.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Community resources

for parents

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments: