Thursday, October 4, 2012

[sharepointdiscussions] Digest Number 4538

2 New Messages

Digest #4538
1a
Granting Permissions to a Site Manager by "brother.gabriel" brother.gabriel

Messages

Wed Oct 3, 2012 2:16 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"brother.gabriel" brother.gabriel

Salvete!
On one of my subsites in my portal, there is a certain user to whom I wish to give rights so that he can modify the permissions of all the other users of that subsite.

Do I have to give him Full Control? I just want him to be able to manage users.

Wed Oct 3, 2012 5:01 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Mark Todd" fwambo

You can do that or you can create a custom permission level that would allow for this.  For example, you could provide him with the ability to manage permissions while not actually having access to content.  Kind of a strange example, but the intent is to show you how it can be modified. 

________________________________
From: brother.gabriel <brgabriel@sspx.org>
To: sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 2:16 PM
Subject: [sharepointdiscussions] Granting Permissions to a Site Manager

 
Salvete!
On one of my subsites in my portal, there is a certain user to whom I wish to give rights so that he can modify the permissions of all the other users of that subsite.

Do I have to give him Full Control? I just want him to be able to manage users.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE
Moderated by Mindsharp, www.mindsharp.com > Know More. Do More.

No comments: