Thursday, July 12, 2012

[sharepointdiscussions] Digest Number 4481

4 New Messages

Digest #4481

Messages

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"imstac" imstac

After reading the article I checked what version of IE the user was using and it was 64 bit. Switched him to 32 bit and it worked fine. Thanks!

--- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "imstac" <imstac@...> wrote:
>
> It is 64 bit; but I have another 64 bit user with the same version of IE and Office that doesn't have the issue.
>
> --- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "onewisegeek" <1wisegeek@> wrote:
> >
> > Is the client x64 or x86?
> >
> > http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/154/t/1415.aspx
> >
>

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:30 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"imstac" imstac

When I try to add a SharePoint group to a Target audience it says that there are more than one entry was found that matches click to resolve. I click on the name and choose the correct group listed. When I click OK I don't get an error but when I look back at the Target Audiences field it deleted the SharePoint group. AD groups work fine.

I am using MOSS 2007. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:51 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"brother.gabriel" brother.gabriel

Maybe try making your AD groups to be "Universal" - a fellow says that MicroSoft told him to do this for his portal - you can see what he said in the second answer here: http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/40399/will-sharepoint-sync-user-profiles-if-only-domain-groups-are-used/40400#40400

--- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "imstac" <imstac@...> wrote:
>
> When I try to add a SharePoint group to a Target audience it says that there are more than one entry was found that matches click to resolve. I click on the name and choose the correct group listed. When I click OK I don't get an error but when I look back at the Target Audiences field it deleted the SharePoint group. AD groups work fine.
>
> I am using MOSS 2007. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
>

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:06 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Peter Brunone" peter_brunone

Is this a hosted or on-premise solution? If the latter, then you might
want to check the logs (the windows event log and/or the SharePoint logs in
the 12 hive) for errors occurring at the time of your attempt. I've never
heard of this before, but it sounds like something's not right on your
server.

One other wild guess: are you able to edit lists etc? If not, it's
possible that your site collection might have gotten stuck in read-only
mode.

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 9:30 AM, imstac <imstac@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I try to add a SharePoint group to a Target audience it says that
> there are more than one entry was found that matches click to resolve. I
> click on the name and choose the correct group listed. When I click OK I
> don't get an error but when I look back at the Target Audiences field it
> deleted the SharePoint group. AD groups work fine.
>
> I am using MOSS 2007. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

No comments: