Monday, May 21, 2012

[sharepointdiscussions] Digest Number 4450

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.
Re: jscript+jQuery won't run From: Mark Todd
1b.
Re: jscript+jQuery won't run From: dick_penny
1c.
Re: jscript+jQuery won't run From: Deanna Schneider

Messages

1a.

Re: jscript+jQuery won't run

Posted by: "Mark Todd" sandpiper_sj@yahoo.com   fwambo

Sat May 19, 2012 12:14 pm (PDT)



Is the script checked in?  The site pages library has documents checked out by default.

________________________________
From: dick_penny <d_penny@usa.net>
To: sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 5:45 PM
Subject: [sharepointdiscussions] jscript+jQuery won't run


 
What am I doing wrong?

I put up VERY simple jQuery lib & script onto SP2007 using SPD, and it ran the first time using XP and IE7.

Now I am using SP2010, OOB, no Designer, and Win 7 + IE9. I tried
1) pasting code below into CEWP in a WPP in a DocLib
2) pasting code below into "site Pages" library new page

In both cases, all I got back was the text below that I pasted in.
My goof has to be simple. At least I expected an error msg regarding the jQ library.
=================
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>jQuery demo</title>
</head>
<body>
<a href="http://jquery.com/ ">jQuery</a>
<script src=" http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
$("a").click(function(event){
alert("As you can see, the link no longer took you to jquery.com");
event.preventDefault();
});
});
</script>
</body>
</html>
==================

Plse answer to my eM also, I cannot access Yahoo Groups at my new employer.

Dick Penny

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1b.

Re: jscript+jQuery won't run

Posted by: "dick_penny" d_penny@usa.net   dick_penny

Sat May 19, 2012 12:55 pm (PDT)



Mark: I will look at the chk/in/out status on Monday at the office.
Deanna: I don't understand what putting the code into a "text" file has to do with it. CEWPs don't typically take files, just typed in content, pasted in images, or URLs to pages(files). In any case, I never needed to do this in SP2007.

Dick

--- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Mark Todd <sandpiper_sj@...> wrote:
>
> Is the script checked in?  The site pages library has documents checked out by default.
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: dick_penny <d_penny@...>
> To: sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 5:45 PM
> Subject: [sharepointdiscussions] jscript+jQuery won't run
>
>
>  
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> I put up VERY simple jQuery lib & script onto SP2007 using SPD, and it ran the first time using XP and IE7.
>
> Now I am using SP2010, OOB, no Designer, and Win 7 + IE9. I tried
> 1) pasting code below into CEWP in a WPP in a DocLib
> 2) pasting code below into "site Pages" library new page
>
> In both cases, all I got back was the text below that I pasted in.
> My goof has to be simple. At least I expected an error msg regarding the jQ library.
> =================
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> <html lang="en">
> <head>
> <meta charset="utf-8">
> <title>jQuery demo</title>
> </head>
> <body>
> <a href="http://jquery.com/ ">jQuery</a>
> <script src=" http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5/jquery.min.js"></script>
> <script>
> $(document).ready(function(){
> $("a").click(function(event){
> alert("As you can see, the link no longer took you to jquery.com");
> event.preventDefault();
> });
> });
> </script>
> </body>
> </html>
> ==================
>
> Plse answer to my eM also, I cannot access Yahoo Groups at my new employer.
>
> Dick Penny
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

1c.

Re: jscript+jQuery won't run

Posted by: "Deanna Schneider" deanna.schneider@gmail.com   schneider_scholz

Sat May 19, 2012 1:32 pm (PDT)



In 2010, CQWP DO take text files. And, for security, it strips out JS
(sometimes, inconsistently it seems) pasted in as html.

Add a CQWP.
Click "Edit WebPart"
Put a link to the text file in the content link box.
Don't put anything in the CQWP itself at all. (It only pays attention to
either the content link OR the content in the web part.)

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM, dick_penny <d_penny@usa.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Mark: I will look at the chk/in/out status on Monday at the office.
> Deanna: I don't understand what putting the code into a "text" file has to
> do with it. CEWPs don't typically take files, just typed in content, pasted
> in images, or URLs to pages(files). In any case, I never needed to do this
> in SP2007.
>
> Dick
>
> --- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Mark Todd <sandpiper_sj@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > Is the script checked in?� The site pages library has documents checked
> out by default.
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: dick_penny <d_penny@...>
>
> > To: sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 5:45 PM
> > Subject: [sharepointdiscussions] jscript+jQuery won't run
> >
> >
> > �
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > I put up VERY simple jQuery lib & script onto SP2007 using SPD, and it
> ran the first time using XP and IE7.
> >
> > Now I am using SP2010, OOB, no Designer, and Win 7 + IE9. I tried
> > 1) pasting code below into CEWP in a WPP in a DocLib
> > 2) pasting code below into "site Pages" library new page
> >
> > In both cases, all I got back was the text below that I pasted in.
> > My goof has to be simple. At least I expected an error msg regarding the
> jQ library.
> > =================
> > <!DOCTYPE html>
> > <html lang="en">
> > <head>
> > <meta charset="utf-8">
> > <title>jQuery demo</title>
> > </head>
> > <body>
> > <a href="http://jquery.com/ ">jQuery</a>
> > <script src="
> http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5/jquery.min.js"></script>
> > <script>
> > $(document).ready(function(){
> > $("a").click(function(event){
> > alert("As you can see, the link no longer took you to jquery.com");
> > event.preventDefault();
> > });
> > });
> > </script>
> > </body>
> > </html>
> > ==================
> >
> > Plse answer to my eM also, I cannot access Yahoo Groups at my new
> employer.
> >
> > Dick Penny
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

All together now

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments: