Wednesday, March 14, 2012

[sharepointdiscussions] Digest Number 4410

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Script to load while entering into a site

Posted by: "Palani" palani.bharat@gmail.com   palani_k25

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:18 pm (PDT)



well, there are lot of them. But i am not sure where to add those
scripts. Any help, please let me know.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM, onewisegeek <1wisegeek@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Did you try Google?
>
>
>

--
Thanks & Regards,
Palaniappan K

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2a.

Re: Alternate Access Mappings

Posted by: "Kevin Gagel" gagel@cnc.bc.ca   kwgagel

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:18 pm (PDT)



You need to have your DNS entries for those FQDN point to the server hosting the site.

Kevin W. Gagel
Network Administrator
College of New Caledonia
(250)562-2131 x5448
Below is the message I'm replying to or forwarding to you...

From: sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of brother.gabriel
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 8:02 AM
To: sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sharepointdiscussions] Alternate Access Mappings

Salvete! We have a hosted site, and I want to rebuild the portal in 2010 instead of 2007 and host it on our own server. I've installes sharepoint server, configured it and created the site collection. So it is all ready. I have asked my current provider to make a pointer in our zone for mysubdomain.mydomain.org.

When the new portal is ready, I'll have the entire zone pointed to our server.

We have an Active Directory domain set up on our LAN: ADdomain.local

Now here is where I need help. I created our portal on our server as ssl with certificate at https://myportal.mydomain.org. This works if you browse it directly on that server, but of course, you can't get to it from the LAN or anywhere else.

So I added alternate access mappings:
default: https://portal.mydomain.org
for the LAN: http://portal.ADdomain.local
for the internet: http://mysubdomain.mydomain.org

My problem is that I cannot get to the site from anywhere but the local computer on account that portal.mydomain.org is set in the hosts file. How do I get it working on the LAN and the Internet?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3.

Moving data from Server to SAN

Posted by: "ShaneS" shane@midstateelectric.coop   sstenhjem

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:19 pm (PDT)



Hey everyone,
So we have a SharePoint Enterprise 2010 server that has been running for a year now. People are really starting to use it, GOOD, the drive space is running down quickly, BAD. I need to move the Data to our SAN. I have already allocated the drive space on the SAN and created the drive location on the SP server, now just wanted to know if anyone has done this and if there are any suggestions that you may have. Are there things I should look out for? Database connections?

I have found a few links that seem helpful but I wanted to put it out there and see if anyone else had a flawless move.

Thanks for all the great reads this discussion.
Shane

4.

Best Practice Request for Forms Library

Posted by: "dfife_01" david@fife.cc   dfife_01

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:19 pm (PDT)



Greetings,

Standard opening statement - I am new to SharePoint and would like to <Fill in task here>. :)

I have to start somewhere and the posts here seem friendly and the group is active without actively trying to sell me something. So, I will try to settle in and be part of this collaborative group and maybe even get good enough to contribute and help the next nooby.

So, here is my problem:

I downloaded and installed the free SharePoint foundation and my company loved it so much, they bought the full version and expect me to be an expert at SharePoint development even though I am only just a barely clever computer geek and not a developer.

Being the resident geek and wanting to maintain that image, I am rolling up my sleeves and armed with several good books, jumping right in. I have a pretty nice site but now I am expected to help my office go paperless and convert some forms to an electronic version that is inter active.

I am well on my way to completing my first form, a leave request form using Infopath and a workflow.

My issue is I have 7 or 8 departments, each will eventually want their forms online. I am seeking advice on the best practice for creating a company "Forms Library" for interactive forms ( static documents will be housed in each departments own document library).

Creating a form that shows on the left bar quick launch is ok if you only have 1 or 2 forms, but what if you have many and would like a central repository? Do I create a subsite that uses the top launch bar? If so, what template do I use to create the subsite?

Any advice on how to organize multiple forms across the company that can have workflows applied to them would be appreciated. I figure the time to figure this out is while working on my first form.

Thanks!
David

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Improve your business

by community exchange

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Dog Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about dogs.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments: