Monday, August 13, 2012

[sharepointdiscussions] Digest Number 4499

3 New Messages

Digest #4499
1a
content type by user ?? by "dick_penny" dick_penny
1b
Re: content type by user ?? by "Deanna Schneider" schneider_scholz

Messages

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:42 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"dick_penny" dick_penny

I'll be working in a WSS 3.environment rather than MOSS 2007 for the first time, the business problem/question follows.

The business has/wants one tracking list for several types of projects with different columns for each (an upgrade from multiple EXcel workbooks), so I figured I'd use content-types, pretty straightforward.

But then they said they want proj mgrs to only see proj of "their type."
Is there any way I can map/filter content types to specific users?

I think not, so I have two proposals:

1) Have CTs for each proj, they will appear under "new" button, then
have the default list view filtered by [ME], thus they only see items they created.
2) Have a list view filtered by the CT (I can do this can't I) and give each proj mgr the URLs to his respective view.

Please critique and/or comment on these two ideas.

THX.

Dick Penny

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:54 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Deanna Schneider" schneider_scholz

How about:
Have list with content types. Have workflow to do custom permissions based
on content type upon creation.

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM, dick_penny <d_penny@usa.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> I'll be working in a WSS 3.environment rather than MOSS 2007 for the first
> time, the business problem/question follows.
>
> The business has/wants one tracking list for several types of projects
> with different columns for each (an upgrade from multiple EXcel workbooks),
> so I figured I'd use content-types, pretty straightforward.
>
> But then they said they want proj mgrs to only see proj of "their type."
> Is there any way I can map/filter content types to specific users?
>
> I think not, so I have two proposals:
>
> 1) Have CTs for each proj, they will appear under "new" button, then
> have the default list view filtered by [ME], thus they only see items they
> created.
> 2) Have a list view filtered by the CT (I can do this can't I) and give
> each proj mgr the URLs to his respective view.
>
> Please critique and/or comment on these two ideas.
>
> THX.
>
> Dick Penny
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:46 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"dick_penny" dick_penny

For a list with ~1000 rows and ~50 columns what is the best way to add/apply different content types to various sub-sets of rows? (WSS 3.0 environment)

THX.

Dick Penny

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE
Moderated by Mindsharp, www.mindsharp.com > Know More. Do More.

No comments: