Sunday, August 5, 2012

[sharepointdiscussions] Digest Number 4492

1 New Message

Digest #4492
1

Message

Sat Aug 4, 2012 1:05 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"brother.gabriel" brother.gabriel

Salvete! I have a Content Editor Web part into which I want to load a simple bit of html (just an input box and a button or two). The file is at /_layouts/myfolder/myfile.html

When I use the "Test Link" option, the file displays fine. But when I "apply" the web part, I get this message in place of the web part:
"Cannot retrieve the URL specified in the Content Link property. For more assistance, contact your site administrator."

Now, I am using an admin account - a domain admin account, in fact, so it can't be a permission problem.

How is it that the simple html file can be displayed via "test link", but not as the web part?

I don't want to use a page-viewer, becuase I don't want the html to be in an iframe.

No comments: