Thursday, June 28, 2012

[sharepointdiscussions] Digest Number 4472

2 New Messages
Digest #4472

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:21 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
Hi,
I am trying to add a web part to my site that contains a list of another site collection.

I went into SP Designer 2007, added a DVWP, clicked to Connect to another library. I added my site url and it shows in the my data source library but there is nothing listed underneath it. How do I get the lists to show underneath my site?

Thanks,

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:05 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
You cannot add lists from other site collections that way. You'll need
to use the Web Service URL instead.

Bryan Hart | Technical Consultant | Solanite Consulting, Inc. | office:
206-374-8765 | mobile: 206-226-0652 | web: http://www.solanite.com/
<http://www.solanite.com/>

From: sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of imstac
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 2:06 PM
To: sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [sharepointdiscussions] Data view web part source connection
not showing lists

Hi,
I am trying to add a web part to my site that contains a list of another
site collection.

I went into SP Designer 2007, added a DVWP, clicked to Connect to
another library. I added my site url and it shows in the my data source
library but there is nothing listed underneath it. How do I get the
lists to show underneath my site?

Thanks,

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

No comments: