Saturday, March 3, 2012

[sharepointdiscussions] Digest Number 4405

Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: solution to track webpart stastics in SharePoint 2010 with OOB f

Posted by: "Ramesh" rameshjune5@gmail.com

Fri Mar 2, 2012 7:34 am (PST)



Thanks very much for the reply.

Here in my case there are 20 Custom web parts are there , I would like to
know/track which webparts are used by users in the particular page.

I.e would like to know which webpart is used by many times by the users.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Ramesh.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:48 AM, onewisegeek <1wisegeek@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Really don't know what you are trying to accomplish.
> If a web part is on a page and the page loads, the web part gets a hit. If
> the page loads 10 times, the web part gets 10 hits.
> If the page loads 100 times the web part gets 100 hits.
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1b.

Re: solution to track webpart stastics in SharePoint 2010 with OOB f

Posted by: "onewisegeek" 1wisegeek@gmail.com   onewisegeek

Fri Mar 2, 2012 9:38 am (PST)



Still not enough details to help.

What kind of webparts are you using? Do they require user interation? Are they static or fluid?

2a.

System.NullReferenceException error on all libraries

Posted by: "brother.gabriel" brgabriel@sspx.org   brother.gabriel

Fri Mar 2, 2012 2:38 pm (PST)



Salvete! We decided to host our own sharepoint server 2010. We have installed SQL Express 2008R2 on our windows 2008 R2 server machine. We also installed Sharepoint Server.

Sharepoint Server installed okay, and SCA is up and running. We are able to create web applications.

My problem is that I have a web application with a site collection on the root - a "blank" site, but when I create or access any libraries there (document libraries, etc.), I get a System.NullReferenceException error.

How can I fix this?

2b.

Re: System.NullReferenceException error on all libraries

Posted by: "Peter Brunone" peter.brunone@gmail.com   peter_brunone

Fri Mar 2, 2012 2:40 pm (PST)



Have you looked at the Windows event log or the SharePoint log (in the
14-hive)?

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM, brother.gabriel <brgabriel@sspx.org> wrote:

> Salvete! We decided to host our own sharepoint server 2010. We have
> installed SQL Express 2008R2 on our windows 2008 R2 server machine. We
> also installed Sharepoint Server.
>
> Sharepoint Server installed okay, and SCA is up and running. We are able
> to create web applications.
>
> My problem is that I have a web application with a site collection on the
> root - a "blank" site, but when I create or access any libraries there
> (document libraries, etc.), I get a System.NullReferenceException error.
>
> How can I fix this?
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2c.

Re: System.NullReferenceException error on all libraries

Posted by: "brother.gabriel" brgabriel@sspx.org   brother.gabriel

Fri Mar 2, 2012 2:52 pm (PST)



The Logs directory in the 14 hive is empty (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0).

However, the Windows Application Log reports:
An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: Could not connect to http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc/actas. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:32843. .

I have been trying to remedy the Security Token Service, and thought I got it, but apparently not.

What now?

--- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Peter Brunone <peter.brunone@...> wrote:
>
> Have you looked at the Windows event log or the SharePoint log (in the
> 14-hive)?
>
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM, brother.gabriel <brgabriel@...> wrote:
>
> > Salvete! We decided to host our own sharepoint server 2010. We have
> > installed SQL Express 2008R2 on our windows 2008 R2 server machine. We
> > also installed Sharepoint Server.
> >
> > Sharepoint Server installed okay, and SCA is up and running. We are able
> > to create web applications.
> >
> > My problem is that I have a web application with a site collection on the
> > root - a "blank" site, but when I create or access any libraries there
> > (document libraries, etc.), I get a System.NullReferenceException error.
> >
> > How can I fix this?
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

2d.

Re: System.NullReferenceException error on all libraries

Posted by: "brother.gabriel" brgabriel@sspx.org   brother.gabriel

Fri Mar 2, 2012 5:19 pm (PST)



I can't seem to get the TokenService working. I am running iis7, so the hotfix mentioned in many of the tutorials does not install on my system.

I've assigned the service to run under its own user account with local admin priveleges.

In the application pool in iis, it says Token Service is running. But in SCA, it says it is not available. It also says the SPTimer service is not running.

--- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@...> wrote:
>
> The Logs directory in the 14 hive is empty (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0).
>
> However, the Windows Application Log reports:
> An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: Could not connect to http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc/actas. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:32843. .
>
> I have been trying to remedy the Security Token Service, and thought I got it, but apparently not.
>
> What now?
>
> --- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Peter Brunone <peter.brunone@> wrote:
> >
> > Have you looked at the Windows event log or the SharePoint log (in the
> > 14-hive)?
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM, brother.gabriel <brgabriel@> wrote:
> >
> > > Salvete! We decided to host our own sharepoint server 2010. We have
> > > installed SQL Express 2008R2 on our windows 2008 R2 server machine. We
> > > also installed Sharepoint Server.
> > >
> > > Sharepoint Server installed okay, and SCA is up and running. We are able
> > > to create web applications.
> > >
> > > My problem is that I have a web application with a site collection on the
> > > root - a "blank" site, but when I create or access any libraries there
> > > (document libraries, etc.), I get a System.NullReferenceException error.
> > >
> > > How can I fix this?
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>

2e.

Solved: System.NullReferenceException error on all libraries

Posted by: "brother.gabriel" brgabriel@sspx.org   brother.gabriel

Fri Mar 2, 2012 8:59 pm (PST)



Well, I solved my problem. When I first set up the farm, iis had the default sites as .net4, which causes havoc with sharepoint sites, which only seem to run on .net2. So I switched the default, disconnected from the farm, removed all the sharepoint sites I could find (I am just starting), and created a new farm.

Everything worked very easily. The farm configured easily, SCA was set up just fine, the TokenService was created and ran fine.

The only thing that seemed strange was that when I used the farm-configuration wizard the first time, it asked me what kind of site I wanted for the root site - I chose "Team Site", but when it finished, and I logged in, all that was there was a blank page. However, when I add a site collection, it adds the site as /SitePages/Home.aspx.

Why wouldn't it create a site at / ?

--- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@...> wrote:
>
> I can't seem to get the TokenService working. I am running iis7, so the hotfix mentioned in many of the tutorials does not install on my system.
>
> I've assigned the service to run under its own user account with local admin priveleges.
>
> In the application pool in iis, it says Token Service is running. But in SCA, it says it is not available. It also says the SPTimer service is not running.
>
> --- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@> wrote:
> >
> > The Logs directory in the 14 hive is empty (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\14.0).
> >
> > However, the Windows Application Log reports:
> > An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: Could not connect to http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc/actas. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:32843. .
> >
> > I have been trying to remedy the Security Token Service, and thought I got it, but apparently not.
> >
> > What now?
> >
> > --- In sharepointdiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Peter Brunone <peter.brunone@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Have you looked at the Windows event log or the SharePoint log (in the
> > > 14-hive)?
> > >
> > > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM, brother.gabriel <brgabriel@> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Salvete! We decided to host our own sharepoint server 2010. We have
> > > > installed SQL Express 2008R2 on our windows 2008 R2 server machine. We
> > > > also installed Sharepoint Server.
> > > >
> > > > Sharepoint Server installed okay, and SCA is up and running. We are able
> > > > to create web applications.
> > > >
> > > > My problem is that I have a web application with a site collection on the
> > > > root - a "blank" site, but when I create or access any libraries there
> > > > (document libraries, etc.), I get a System.NullReferenceException error.
> > > >
> > > > How can I fix this?
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Family and home

Tips for mom

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments: